Did you know?
- The total population of people of 65 years of age has grown by a phenominal 70% over the last thirty years.
- Today's average life expectancy is 77 years old, compared to 68 years old in 1949.
- During the late 1980's, 80% of buyers of retirement properties were single women with an average age of 73.
- In the 1990's the number of couples buying retirement homes increased; with couples often buying 5 - 10 years earlier, in their sixties.
- Retirement properties range in price from around £60,000 to £550,000
- The majority of retirement homes are sold leasehold, although some are freehold.
A survey, conducted by QPC Retirement Sales, Berkshire and Oxfordshire's only independant specialists in retirement properties, shows :
- 90% rated QPC service as excellent or good
- two thirds of respondents rated the service on viewing and appointments as excellent.
- Over half of those questioned thought that the professionalism of the staff was excellent.
- 59% rated as excellent, the willingness of QPC staff to spend time listening to, and helping their clients