||What does a retirement home offer?
A retirement home is a carefully planned, thoughtful way of providing a home that offers privacy, security and independence in a friendly and relaxed setting. You are able to enjoy the privacy of a purpose built development in a supportive community of people with similar lifestyles. You may relax, knowing that you are secure because of the many special features provided with your home.
You will still have the security and independence of owning your own home, whilst being free from the worry and hard work of outside maintenance and gardening. It's all taken care of for you, leaving you more time for enjoying all those things you may want to do.
Why special retirement developments?
The properties on each development vary, but in the main, they consist of one or two bedroom apartments, bungalows or cottages. They are designed with care and imagination to allow for easy living and usually offer :
- High level electrical sockets to avoid the need for unnecessary bending or stretching
- Modern developments with coving, artexed ceilings and many other attractive finishes
- As high a level of energy efficiency as possible, usually with excellent insulation. For highly cost effective heating.
- All developments offer private, off road car parking, a few have garages. Grounds are usually communal, attractively landscaped and maintained regularly by the management company.
- All aspects of the structure of the building and outside maintenance are looked after by the management company.
Most developments have resident or visiting managers to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Many developments have communal lounges, laundry rooms, 24 hour emergency call cover, guest suites and some even have restaurants.
Retirement developments are located in a number of settings from rural country positions, away from the hustle and bustle of hectic life, to highly convenient 'in town' locations - There is sure to be a development that will suit your requirements.
Why have security?
Security and safety is the main consideration of a retirement home. All retirement developments offer :
- 24 hour security. All main rooms have emergency pull cords, buttons or pendants. If activated, these will put you in immediate contact with the development manager or, in their absence, a central control point (central control can identify callers and take whatever action is necessary).
- Developments usually have a resident manager. They are responsible for the administration, smooth running and generally act as a 'good neighbour'.
< What does a retirement home offer?
< Why have security?
< What does the management fee cover?
< What age can I buy a retirement property?
< Why QPC?
What does the management fee cover?
In most cases, the fee covers :
- Buildings insurance.
- External maintenance of structure and buildings.
- General maintenance, decoration, heating and lighting of all communal areas.
- General maintenance of communal gardens.
- 24 hour call service.
- Resident or visiting manager.
- (usually) cleaning of outside windows.
- (sometimes) water rates.
- (sometimes) a specified amount of contents insurance.
- (sometimes) TV licence.
Annual general meetings are held, so that residents may question the proposed budget and know exactly where the money is being spent, and that it the best value is being obtained.
What age can I buy a retirement property?
To live in a retirement home, you must be over the age of 55, on some developments the minimum age can be 60.
QPC is Berkshire's only independant estate agent specialising in the sale of retirement properties. We understand the special requirements of potential buyers and 100% of our time is spent on the retirement market. We have, without doubt, the widest range of retirement homes available and can give completely unbiased advice relating to the pros and cons of any specific development.
Our aim is to give you as much information and help to enable you to chose the right retirement home and make your move as easy as possible.